Scholarships given by the Minerva Club had their beginnings in 1917 when the entire senior class of Santa Maria High School was entertained at the home of Mrs. Goodwin. A few years later, the Minerva Club began the tradition of inviting all the Honor Students to a luncheon. In 1952, a scholarship fund was begun with the profits of their cookbook, Company's Coming. The first Minerva Club scholarship of $535.00 was presented to Marilyn May.
Over the years, the membership was able to increase the amount and number of scholarships given. The Scholarship Trust Fund was established in 1981. By 1983, about $45,000 had been awarded. In 1999, the Club received a bequest of $250,000 from the Maxine and Burns Rick estate for scholarships and shortly after, the Trust Fund was incorporated. The Minerva Club has awarded more than $200,000 in scholarships since the 1950s.
In 2013, 11 students were selected to receive a scholarship of $1500 each. The recipients were: